posted on Jul 03, 2019
In this masterclass Peter Han shows you how to construct and render hard surfaces, especially armour sets and weaponry. Observational studies play an important role in this class, which is why we will go on a field trip to the Styrian Armoury of Graz, the museum with the largest collection of medieval armour and weaponry in the world!
Dive into the world of Hard Surface Design and learn to draw armour, weapons, vehicles and mechs! Peter Han will explain his process, do demos and give each of you individual feedback. Since observation plays a vital role in Concept Art and Illustration, on day 3 and 4 we’ll go on a field trip to the Styrian Armoury to study canons, muskets, swords and more from life.
The class is primarily traditional, but feel free to bring your own digital devices. Also take your portfolio with you to get even more feedback and advice!
- Building shapes
- Rendering surfaces
- Visual & verbal presentation and communication
Art supplies needed:
- Grey alcohol markers: 02, 04, 06, 08
- waterproof ink pens: thin to thick
- graphite pencils
- black and white colour pencil
- Basic drawing skills (drawing objects in perspective, understanding volume)
- Self-drive to improve
- “Dynamic Sketching: Building with Shapes” (CB Workshop)